The “Town of the Four Gates”
Neubrandenburg was founded in 1248. Even today you can see the historical wall around the city centre, which harks back to those days. For centuries the town was predominantly a trading centre where local agricultural products were marketed. It was not until about 100 years ago and primarily during the GDR days that it developed an industrial infrastructure. After the political changes in the former GDR and the reunification of Germany, Neubrandenburg saw changes in the economical infrastructure. Since 2000 a large number of sizable companies have moved here. Especially trading companies, call centres and some industrial manufacturers found their way to Neubrandenburg – the so called “Town of the Four Gates”. The proximity to the A20 motorway and to the Polish border is as positive an economic factor as the proximity to Berlin, Rostock and Hamburg. With its University of Applied Sciences and numerous training institutes Neubrandenburg as a regional centre has even more reasons for companies to settle here.
MTN is located right on the main road 104 in the traditional trading estate of Weitin.